Experience the Outback Beds Food and Wine Touring Route and be fascinated by the Outback life.
Welcome to our outback beds touring Route where you will visit wonderful historic homesteads, award-winning gardens and sample some beautiful food, much of it homegrown by your remarkable hosts.
Total Route Details:
- Distance: 610km – (approximately, depending on side excursions and final route)
- Duration: Min 4 Days (3 Nights)
Outback Bed locations
Below are our Outback Bed members along this route waiting to make you welcome, each with a food specialty for you to try.
Of course, these delicious meals are optional but if you are up for a treat please remember to discuss meals and prices with your hosts before you arrive and preferably when you book your accommodation.
Note: Conditions may apply, e.g. minimum numbers, fire bans, water levels and time of year, so talk with your hosts first.
Temptations from Julie and Bruce at CORYNNIA (between Griffith and Hay) 02 6993 5807
- Sundowners around the campfire or on the homestead terrace with your hosts • Delicious BBQ hampers featuring homestead garden or local produce
- Also ask about Bruce’s farm tour where he shares his passion for agriculture and explains the use of technologically innovative farming methods for cotton, grain and merino production
Temptations from Di and Iain at LAKE PAIKA (near Balranald) 0427 206 801
- Fully cooked meals delivered to your accommodation
- Picnic baskets and dinner hampers
- High tea in the beautiful gardens
- Sunset lake cruises with grazing platters and wine
- Camp oven meals overlooking the lake
- Work it all off, hire a kayak for a paddle on the lake
Temptations from Tertia and Ken at BURRABUROON (between Hay and Deniliquin) 02 6993 0699
- Camp oven dinners under the stars and with bonfires in colder weather
- Fresh home cooked meals with hosts
- Sundowner cruise with drinks and tapas
- Beehives, quondong and olive plantations producing honey, marmalades and other produce
- Also ask about the Aboriginal Elder guided walks through the property
Temptations from team Barb at BINDARA (between Mildura and Broken Hill) 08 8091 7412
- Ask about the farm tours featuring Aboriginal, early pioneer and natural history sites • Camp oven dinners (BYO) using organic produce from the home orchards and gardens
- Full breakfast featuring home grown meats, eggs tomatoes and asparagus (seasonal)
10 best other food and wine experiences in the region as voted by your Outback Beds hosts:
- Sunraysia Cellar Door and provedore in Mildura.
- Varapodio Estate olive oil and cafe at Buronga near Mildura / Wentworth.
- Trentham Estate winery on the banks of the Murray at Trentham Cliffs near Buronga.
- Provence restaurant or Stefano’s in Mildura and nearby Mildura Brewery Pub.
- Limone in Griffith with award-winning chef Luke Piccolo.
- Lunch in Griffith @ Zecca and coffee at la Piccola.
- Bella Vita wine and food tours in Griffith.
- Pub meals: try the Crown at Wentworth, or wood fired pizza at the Maidens in Menindee (the Burke & Wills pub), the Pooncarie pub, the Tydvil in Broken Hill, or the historic Homebush north of Balranald.
- Calabria Family Wines in Griffith voted Best Australian cellar door 2019.
- Wentworth Cruiser – Wine & Dine dinner Cruise on the Darling.
Food & Wine Tour Map
Use the PDF viewer toolbar (at top) to view at full screen, zoom and download PDF. To print this map please download and print from your computer,Outback-Beds-Food-Wine-Touring-Route