Visit the accessible Australian outback whilst staying in delightful, 1940's cottages set within glorious gardens which have been featured in publications including Australian House & Garden, Good Taste, Your Garden & Gardening Australia. Enjoy the outback tranquillity, take a walk & experience our vast outback skies, enjoy a paddock picnic, bird watching & observing native wildlife. Relax in the garden, play tennis or refresh with a swim in our garden pool.
Phone: (02) 6993 5807
Bruce & Julie Armstrong welcome you, your friends and family to visit and share the unique and memorable experience of the outback with them at 'Corynnia Station', Carrathool.
Corynnia Station produces irrigated crops such as rice and wheat in addition to sheep and cattle. Set within glorious gardens which have been featured in publications including "House and Garden", "Good Taste", "Your Garden" and "Gardening Australia".
Enjoy reading in the tranquility of our garden, take a walk and experience the vast skies, enjoy a paddock picnic, bird watching and observing native wildlife. Relax with a swim in the solar heated pool.
Things to Do:
- Walk, enjoy wildlife and bird watching,
- View everyday operations on the property,
- Read a book or roam in the tranquil gardens,
- Swim in the solar heated pool, cycle or just chill out
- Experience our incredible Riverina 180 degree skies, trillions of stars sparkling clearly and seemingly close enough to touch!
- Our breathtaking outback sunrises and sunsets.
- Astronomers - vast clear skies
- Birdwatchers - 1000 acre dry swamp is a haven for birds and native wildlife
- Dry weather airstrip available by prior arrangement with personal insurance.
- Lat South 34 degrees 12.87, Long East 145 degrees 33.09. 850 meters long. Direction 21,03. No overrun.
- By Car: 'Corynnia Station' is only a 15 to 30 minute drive from both the Mid Western and Sturt Highways and half way between Sydney and Adelaide - a perfect stop!
- From Griffith to Corynnia Station: Take the Kidman Way from Griffith towards Hillston. Travel @ 25kms from Griffith to Tabbita (see wheat silos). Turn left at Tabbita Lane & travel @ 23 kms. Turn left at C ameron Rd onto unsealed section (there are a number of m ail boxes & a large sign that says 'Corynnia' 17kms). As we are situated at the end of Cameron Road proceed past 'No Through Road' sign & two gateways which may be closed. At the second gate turn left at sign into homestead.
- From Hay to Corynnia Station: Take the Sturt Highway from Hay. Turn left off the highway over the Murrumbidgee River into Carrathool. Cross the railway line onto unsealed road & follow for @25 kms to the Corynnia Station sign & mailbox on the right. Proceed through gates to Homestead, @6kms.
Please use the controls in the upper left to zoom-in (+) or zoom-out (-)